Our little ones are preparing to Fly- Up! Pre-K and Kindergarten classes will be celebrating their completing PreK-3,4 or Kindergarten on Thursday, June 22 in our Sacred Heart Auditorium. Congratulations to all!!
Students exemplifying the Virtue of Perseverance in the month of January
Students exemplifying the Virtue of Charity for the Month of November!
Students Exemplifying the Virtue of Compassion for November!
Students exemplifying the Virtue of Fortitude for October!
ANGELS! ANGELS! ANGELS!
Each class created a 3 dimension display about a special angels chosen by their class.
Come in to see our special projects!
The winners for Sacred Heart Catholic Academy 2017 are:
1st Place – Tyrese Dixon
2nd Place – Alexander Cordero
3rd Place – Carmelo Delorme
Tyrese will go on to compete at the Diocesan Math Bee in February.
We are thankful that our own Mrs. Allison Murphy has been recognized by the Brooklyn Diocese as being talented and proficient to become a principal! She is now the Principal of St. Frances Cabrini School in Brooklyn. We are certainly proud of her achievement, but will miss her everyday!
God Bless Mrs. Murphy!
Pre-K For All registration for the 2017-2018 school year for students born in 2013 begins in January. Here’s our brochure, and everything you need to know is below:
Program Hours: 7:30 am-4:20 pm
Program Code: 29QAEP
Registration Start Date: January 17, 2017
Registration End Date: February 24, 2017
There are 3 ways to submit an application:
1. Online – Visit www.nyc.gov/prek to create an account.
2. Over the phone – Call 718-935-2067
3. In Person – Visit the local Family Welcome Center located at:
90-27 Sutphin Blvd., 1 st floor
Jamaica, New York 11435
Monday-Friday between 8am and 3pm
Information Required to Submit Your Application
1. Child’s name
2. Child’s date of birth
3. Child’s address
4. Your telephone number
5. Your email address (for online applications). Please make sure to list Sacred Heart Catholic Academy.
You may list up to 12 New York City pre-kindergarten programs on this application.
If your child has a sibling attending one of the programs that you are going to list on your application.
1. Sibling’s name
2. Sibling’s date of birth
3. Sibling’s current grade
4. Sibling’s current school/program (if applicable)
After You apply to Pre-K For All
Date to be determined, you will receive notification from the NYCDOE indicating which Pre-K program your child has received an offer to attend.
The preregistration period will be announced by the Department of Education. To accept your offer, you must preregister in person at the program by a date to be announced by the Board of Education.
When you preregister, you must bring:
1. Your child
2. Your offer letter
3. Your child Birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism (which includes the date of birth) or other official document of age.
4. Proof of address which may verified by any two of the following containing address of residence.
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence.
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the parent or guardian’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days.
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent/guardian and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days.
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), the residents name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days.
- A current property tax bill for the residence.
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days.
- A rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days.
- State, city, or other government-issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence.
- Income tax form for the last calendar year.
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired.
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address.
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence.