Junior High School Supply List 2019-2020
5 sharpened PENCILS- daily- NO MECHANICAL PENCILS ALLOWED
A Ruler (metric and standard)
A Pencil Case (simple cloth/soft plastic)
A Spanish and French Dictionary
5- 300 page hard covered notebooks (can be purchased at school)
NO SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS
An assignment planner will be provided at school
- Each student should contribute 1 large box of tissues, paper towels and Hand sanitizer to put in the class chest.
- All textbooks must be covered with heavy brown paper- please NO TAPE, GLUE, or CONTACT Paper is to be used on TEXT BOOKS EVER!
- When covers are dirty or torn they are to be changed.
- All workbooks are to be covered with SELF- ADHESIVE CONTACT.
- Trapper Keepers ARE TO BE KEPT HOME.
- Strong Sturdy Book-bags (NO WHEELS) must be used everyday.
Please Purchase These Books For Your Child’s September Classes:
Grade 8 needs a personal copy of the novels: “Silent Spring” By Rachel Carson, “To Kill A Mockingbird” By Harper Lee and “Inside Out Back Again” By Thanhha Lai
Grade 7 needs a personal copy of the novels: “The Narrative Of The Life of Frederick Douglass, “A Long Walk To Water By Linda Sue Park and “Lyddie By Katherine Patterson
Grade 6 needs a personal copy of the novels; :Dragonwings: By Laurence Yelp, “The Lightning Thief By Rick Riordan and “Bud Not Buddy: By Christopher Curtis
- Grade 5 needs a personal copy of the novels: “Esperanza Rising” By Pam Munoz, “The Most Beautiful Roof in the World” By Kathryn Lasky and “Promise to Keep” By Sharon Robinson
Homework, Thursday, February 7, 2019
Spanish- Complete front and back of worksheet on completing sentences
Test next Thursday, February 14th on:
- Parts of the body
- Three worksheets on sentences.
In an effort to improve system practices, Sacred Heart Catholic Academy – Cambria Heights is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. The purpose of this survey is to find out your beliefs and opinions about our school. Read each question and choose the response that most closely matches your opinion. Please be completely honest in your responses!
Homework, Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Religion- On loose leaf paper answer the following question:
- What are we celebrating and waiting for during this season?
Thursday November 15, 2018
Spanish- Complete worksheet on AR and IR Verbs due TOMORROW FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH. Also, please use your study sheet for next Tuesday’s Spanish Test Tuesday, November 20th.
French- Complete the first two sections of your KWL chart.
1. Simple Solutions Lesson 8
2. Begin Working on both Religion Projects
3. Rest. Make sure you have a good night’s sleep for tomorrow’s Terra Nova Test
1. Homily Report
2. Simple Solutions lesson 7
1. Simple Solutions Lesson 6
2. Complete Social Studies-Chapter 15. (notebook and workbook)
3. Complete Technology Project -due Tomorrow
4. Study- Religion Test is tomorrow
5. NY Math A- Read, copy and define Vocabulary pp. 4-7. Do exercises on p 9. #18-27
1. Simple Solutions Lesson 5
2. Study for tomorrow’s Technology Test
3. Continue working on your technology project
4. Religion Test is on Friday
1. Get Religion and Technology Calendars Signed
2. Study for Technology Test Chapter 10 (Thursday)
3. Work on Technology Project (Due Thursday)
4. Begin studying for Religion Test-Chapter 3 (Friday)
5. Complete Social Studies -Chapter 14